Monday, March 11, 2013

Self Serve Gasoline, Article #14 Review

The 2013 session of Town Meeting is approaching fast.

I hope to be able to hear from constituents on these articles.

For example, this year, Town Meeting will consider Article 14, which seeks to amend our bylaws to allow self-serve gasoline.

My impression so far, is that a fair number of people think it’s silly not to be able to pump your own gas in Arlington.

Likewise, a fair number of people really like full service being standard in Arlington.

I hate to see our town divided, neighbor pitted against neighbor, brother against brother, but such are the times in which we live.

Do you support making this change? Are you opposed to making this change?

Let me know your thoughts.

Town Meeting's first session is April 22nd.

I have a rough spreadsheet put together of the articles before Town Meeting this year, viewable from the Draft 2013 Town Warrant link at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment